Monday, June 8, 2009

Over The Fifty Year Old Mark

I turned fifty-one today and I feel better than I did at thirty-one. Yesterday I put myself through a test by attempting The Chattooga 50K. Although I only completed the first sixteen miles,It was one of the most beautiful runs of my life. Trail running is something new for me,I didn't know what to expect. Jason Sullivan and I ran the trail together making it a fun event. This was Jason's second 50K and he was very helpful. A man broke his ankle a couple miles into the run, It made us aware of how dangerous the trail could be. About three miles into the run bee's were a problem stinging me four times near my ankle. The terrain was though on my feet,blisters and inflammation began to take over. At the ten mile mark it was hard to plant my feet, I knew that I was in trouble. It was obvious that my feet were not going to get any better so I pulled out of the run. It was a great experience,something I'll always be proud of. Running has been a part of my life for over forty years. It has always been my goal to stay healthy!
God Bless, Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed running with you on Sunday. I will never forget our run down the Chattooga. It was awesome in so many ways. It was a pleasure to share the experience with you!

    ReplyDelete